Dani Tribe Papua
Kelimutu Volcano Flores
Happy Trails aims to conduct responsible tourism
Happy Trails subscribes both the code of ethics and responsible tourism declarations of the World Tourism Organisation.
“It is the mission of Happy Trails! Indonesia to provide exceptional travel experiences to its clients whilst maximizing the positive impacts of tourism for the communities and natural environment in the destinations it operates in.”
“As a responsible travel company Happy Trails! Indonesia strives to create momentum to make tourism more sustainable whilst delivering quality travel experiences for our valued customers. We aim to maximize the positive contributions of tourism for local communities and the natural environment whilst understanding that there are potential negative environmental, socio-cultural and economic impacts connected with tourism if operations are not managed properly. We commit to being open, honest and realistic about the impacts of our operations. Specifically, Happy Trails! Indonesia will:
- Ensure that Responsible Tourism principles and continuous improvement of sustainability performance are at the core of the business.
- Ensure a safe working environment for our employees both in our offices and on tour.
- Provide our employees, both office and field-based, with comprehensive training and opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Reduce our environmental impact by finding creative ways to reduce, reuse and recycle waste.
- Measure and monitor energy consumption and water use in all our operations, with the aim of reducing usage.
- Use more sustainable forms of transportation and reduce our carbon footprint where feasible.
- Give preference to local goods and services that benefit the communities that we operate in as well having a positive effect on the environment, including locally-owned accommodation, excursions and tour leaders from the destination.
- Engage with and support our suppliers to improve the responsibility of their operations.
- Give preference to accommodation providers that have sustainability certification and/or are showing improvement in the sustainability of their operations.
- Develop products that showcase the best of our destinations whilst providing opportunities for locals and preserving the natural environment.
- Raise awareness about sustainability issues and cooperate with all stakeholders in the destinations we operate in so as to preserve them for future generations, locals and visitors alike.
- Provide factually correct messages and keep our clients informed about sustainability issues in the destinations we operate in.”
If you are interested to read more about our successes and future planning, please have a look at our report on:
If you want to know more about Travelife sustainability certification for Tour operators then please visit https://www.travelife.info/index_new.php?menu=home&lang=en
If you want to find materials for Tour leader training find materials in : http://www.hitt-initiative.org/hitt-vietnam-local-guides-training-materials-vietnamese-version/
IF you are interested in Upcoming trainings on Sustainability for Tour Operator please check on GSTC training website : https://www.gstcouncil.org/en/programs/sustainable-tourism-training/upcoming.html
And on our Transportation
Please check the link for sustainable driving techniques : http://www.octagoninsurance.com/guide/money-saving/driving-ecofriendly/